Wednesday 10 October 2012

Alphabet soup Part 1 OUGD403

I chose the word Boom for the 'randomiser', Immediately the first thing that comes to mind for me is explosions so this was my starting point. I didn't do too much research work into the word because I wanted to explore the possibilities of manipulating the letters.

I chose the letters that I did due to there shape, I went for the more angular letters like the K and M. I think they worked quite well with the word I was given. To start off I chose a heavy weighted font to use as my base Letters, I then manipulated them in illustrator using various different techniques trying to make each letter individual in its own way but still running along the theme of boom.

Once I had my group of manipulated letters i printed them out and traced them but with each letter I tried to use a different pen to achieve a different texture or look to the letter. Some pens worked well with the way the letters had been manipulated in illustrator.

I found this brief pretty straight forward but if I were to do it again I would probably spend some more time considering different possibilities in how to portait the word boom.






No comments:

Post a Comment